The Village of Lexington Police Department is looking for highly motivated individuals not just looking for a job, but looking for a career. The Village of Lexington is accepting applications for full-time and part-time Police Officers. Our Police Department covers the Village of Lexington with a total residential population of about 943 people. The population of our village approximately triples during the summer season. Additional questions can be directed to Chief Larry Sheldon at (810) 359-8242 or email at email@example.com.
The minimum qualifications for the position:
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have reached 21st birthday at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with an excellent driving history.
- Must possess a minimum High School Diploma, Associates degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Police Officer by MCOLES.
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check, physical examination and drug screening test.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a Police Officer.
- Preference is given to those with prior experience as a certified Police Officer.
- Perform routine patrol/shift duties / taking and responding to calls for service.
- Enforce Federal and State of Michigan laws, as well as Village ordinances.
- Conduct criminal investigations.
- Enforce traffic laws and conduct traffic-related investigations.
- Make arrests and conduct interviews of persons/subjects.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing – capable of preparing detailed and articulate police reports, citations, search warrants, and warrant requests.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with residents, visitors, businesspersons and others.
- Excellent health care coverage with minimum premium copays.
- Minimum to no prescription copays.
- MRA benefits to reimburse copays that are accrued.
- Above-average employer contribution to 457 retirement benefits.
- Paid vacation, sick and personal days. Standard paid holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org